What is a dam in Umrah
The Dam is a Penalty Or Compensation which one has to offer if he/she breaks any rule while performing Rituals During Hajj/Umrah. Damm means to Sacrifice the Goat or Sheep or the One-seventh Part of the cow or larger animal if in collaboration. Dam becomes Wajib if you break any rule while being in a state of Umrah. Breaking of rules or due to Any Mistake mentioned below can lead you to pay Dam:
Dam For Men
1. Entering Miqat without the intention of Umrah.
2. While being in a state of Ihram applying perfume
3. Cutting Nails while being in a state of Ihram
4. Wearing stitched Ihram, trousers, pants, or everyday clothes while being in a state of Ihram
5. Tawaf without ablution
6. Covering head, foot, ankle during Ihram
7. Shaving any part of the body hair
8. Sexual intercourse or seeing opposite gender with lust or desire
9. Killing or hunting any animal
10. Eating something which has fragrant such as cloves, onion, and cardamoms
Dam For Women
1. While kissing the Black Stone or Istilam i.e. raising hand and saying Allah u Akbar women's arms are sometimes exposed in that case Dam becomes Wajib.
2. Sometimes due to the crowd hijab slips from the head and if hair gets exposed you have to pay Dam.
3. If women do Tawaf during periods Dam becomes Wajib.
Dam incase of Children
It is Necessary to complete these Rituals Correctly and follow the rules Otherwise Dam becomes Wajib.
If in case you are Carrying A Child and child Unintentionally Breaks the rules then for their parents there is No Need Of Dam but if the child breaks the Rules Intentionally then it becomes Wajib for their Parents to offer Dam on the Behalf Of The Child. So it is the Duty of the Parents to make sure that their children don't break any rules during Umrah
It is Necessary to complete these rituals correctly and follow the Rules otherwise Dam becomes Wajib.